Choose your size
Giro Switchblade MIPS Helmet Matte Black. In 1998 Giro designed the first mountain bike with a removable visor, the Switchblade. Giro has made use of this experience 18 years later and has developed the Switchblade MIPS. The result is a lightweight and extremely safe helmet with specific functions for Downhill. Incorporating MIPS technology for maximum protection in the event of an impact and with an innovative removable visor.
- Moulded shell with EPS interior which ensures lightness and maximum impact absorption.
- X-Static interior: multilayer fibres of pure silver, 100% anti-bacterial that is permanently fused to the fabric surface. In this way it reduces odours and regulates the heat.
- Point of View Visor (P.O.V.) removable without tools: patented interior adjustment which allows for 15 degrees of vertical adjustment creating a union which stops the visor from knocking or becoming loose during the rides. Compatible with goggles.
- MIPS (Multi-Directional Impact Protection) System: A layer placed between the EPS foam and the inner padding, affording greater energy absorption generated from an angled impact. With the MIPS system, the helmet absorbs between 25 and 35% more of the rotational energy, providing the rider with radically improved protection.
- Visor which is easily and quickly removable without removing the helmet.
- Roc Loc Air DH Fit System: allows easy adjustment of the position of the helmet with just one hand. He dial allows it to fit perfectly to the head improving stability and ventilation whilst avoiding accidental maladjustment if your helmet knocks against your backpack or with the neck brace.
- Wind Tunnel Cheek Pad ventilation System: the cheek pads afford a ventilation system which provides perfect airflow in the helmet when used without the chin bar. Wind tunnel tested.
- 20 ventilation apertures with internal ducting.
- Double buckle closure system.
- Removable side padding.
- Rubber inserts on the rear of the shell to avoid slippage of the goggles.
- Spare visor with built in camera bracket.
- Weight: 975g for size M.
CE EN 1078, CPSC and ASTM DH 1952 homologation with and without chin guard.
|Full face helmet